Road Bike Tyro Synopsis
I’m an average middle aged (ouch!) guy from Los Angeles, California who has a passion for cycling and the health related benefits it brings. I have a background in sales specifically in the building industry.
Here’s what you can expect from me and this site:
- I’m a straight forward type of person and I will answer direct questions and comments to the best of my ability (time permitting of course).
- I don’t believe that it’s the bike or how expensive it is that makes you a better cyclist. I truly believe it’s YOU that makes the difference!
- I believe that being a cyclist is one of the healthiest ways to getting physically and mentally fit.
- I don’t believe that you need to “train” like a professional cyclist to meet the level of a an accomplished rider. I see nothing wrong with being a proud amateur cyclist.
- My philosophy on the road bike tyro (newbie) is that with a simplified focused introduction to the sport, you will prepare yourself to be the best amateur road bike cyclist you can be with the option to move up to a competitive cyclist if you so wish.
- Share how to get started with a good foundation in road biking strategies
- Share how to gradually become a better road bike cyclist
- Share how to be safe and courteous while you are out on the road as a cyclist
- Share techniques that are targeted for the road bike tyro (newbie) without competitive pretenses
- Share my personal experiences as it relates to my road bike cycling efforts (the good, bad and the ugly!) so that they may help you.